From Wiki Farming, the free agriculture encyclopedia
What is agronomy?
Agronomy encompasses the science and technology related to production and usage of plants. It includes the fields of crop production for food, feed, fiber and fuel. Agronomy also encompasses fields like plant genetics and breeding, plant physiology, plant pathology, pest and weed management, soil science comprising soil management and conservation, irrigation and water harvesting technologies, ranch and pasture management and meteorology.
The thrust areas of study may be categorized as follows.
- Agricultural crops
- Selection and production of seeds
- Plant breeding and genetics
- Soil classification and conservation
- Manufacture of fertilizers and manures and their utilization
- Control of weeds and pests
- Harvesting, storing and utilization of water
- Excess water drainage
- Weather forecasts and meteorology
- Harvesting crops
- Post harvest technology and storage
Popular posts in Wiki Farming
Thank you for visiting Wiki Farming!