For complete information about using Wiki Farming please refer to the User's guide. Here we restrict ourselves to help in posting content on Wiki Farming. To clear ambiguity, users are informed hereby that Wiki Farming is a Wiki pertaining to Agriculture and Farming activities. Please note that Wiki Farming has no information on 'wiki hosting service' or 'Wiki farms' which is a server or an array of servers that offer users tools to simplify the creation and development of individual, independent wikis.
Who can post content in Wiki Farming?
All users are encouraged to create new pages and post content in Wiki Farming. However you must be logged in for creating pages and posting.
What are the allowed topics in Wiki Farming?
All topics pertaining to Agriculture, Farming, Aquaculture, Food production, Agricultural industries etc can be posted in Wiki Farming.
Please refrain from posting off-topic content. If posted it will be deleted. If the intention is to spam links to external websites the user may be blocked.
How do I create a new page in Wiki Farming?
There are three methods by which you can create a new page
Creating a new page by searching
1. Log in creating a user name and password.
2. Type in the title of the topic you want for your article in the search box provided below the login at the right side of the page.
3. If there is no article in the Wiki Farming on the title given, you will be informed so and an advice to create a page with the title in red color link with the message that no page exists with that title.
4. Clicking on the red color title link will lead you to a page with that title; in which you can post your content and save.
5. If a page already exists by the title chosen by you then you can browse the page.
6. If you feel that the article you intend posting is substantially different from the existing page, then you can repeat the search with a slightly modified title and create the new non-existing page.
7. If your article is not substantially different from the existing page, you have the option of modifying or adding the additional information into it by editing it.
Creating a new page using URL
Pages in the Wiki Farming have the URL as http://www.wikifarming.org/index.php?title=TITLE OF THE ARTICLE.
You can create a new page by typing in the Wiki Farming page url with 'TITLE OF THE ARTICLE' being replaced by the title chosen by you.
This will lead you to a non-existing page. You will be informed that 'There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, search the related logs, or edit this page'.
You can click the 'edit this page' link and post your content.
MediaWiki makes it very easy to link wiki pages using a standard syntax (see Links). If you (or anyone else) create a link to an article that doesn't exist yet, the link will be coloured red, like this.
Clicking a red link will take you to the edit page for the new article. Simply type your text, click save and the new page will be created.
Once the page has been created, the link will change from red to blue (purple for pages you've visited) indicating that the article now exists.
Policy regarding content creation and editing
As a user and editor you are requested to create content only pertaining to Farming in its broader sense (like agriculture, cultivation of land, food production and allied industries). Off topic content and edits will be removed and you may get barred for repeated non-conformation to guidelines. You may refer to About Wiki Farming for further guidance.
As an user and editor you may not create content or give links pertaining to:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others.
Thank you for visiting Wiki Farming!
Our Google plus page