Agronomy encompasses the science and technology related to production and usage of plants. It includes the fields of crop production for food, feed, fiber and fuel. Agronomy also encompasses fields like plant genetics and breeding, plant physiology, plant pathology, pest and weed management, soil science comprising soil management and conservation, irrigation and water harvesting technologies, ranch and pasture management and meteorology.
The thrust areas of study may be categorized as follows.
- Agricultural crops
- Selection and production of seeds
- Plant breeding and genetics
- Soil classification and conservation
- Manufacture of fertilizers and manures and their utilization
- Control of weeds and pests
- Harvesting, storing and utilization of water and draining excess water
- Weather forecasts and meteorology
- Harvesting crops
- Post harvest technology and storage
Thank you for visiting Wiki Farming!
Our Google plus page